Smile drawing in 3 versions wakes up narratively in this article! The detailed description tells and shows how to draw a smile with a pencil step by step. From the step-by-step guide, you will learn how to start the drawing process, position the object of work on a sheet of paper, what materials and tools you need. Take advantage of detailed explanations and illustrations in the form of photos, draw a beautiful smile full of joy and health. Let’s draw a lovely and beautiful smile together!
A smile is a mimic movement that can involve up to 53 facial muscles. And if you remember that there are 57 facial muscles in general, you understand how complex this movement is and how diverse a smile can be. Also, the eyes are involved in this mimic reaction – their expression is significant for understanding the essence of a smile.
Let’s get down to smile a drawing!
Tools and Materials
To make a drawing “smile” with a pencil, you will need:
- A4 sheet of drawing paper;
- simple graphite pencil TM, M3 – 1 pc .;
- paper napkin;
- cotton swab;
- sharpener for pencil.
Smile drawing Easy (option 1)
1. Place a sheet of A4 white paper (210 × 297 mm) horizontally on the table surface. Find and mark the diagonals’ intersection with a ruler and a black TM lead pencil. Draw a 13.5 cm line through this point (the intersection of the diagonals is in the middle of the line). Draw the drawing lines without pressure, lightly, without pressing on the paper. Drawn line – The center horizontal line around which the sketch will be created.
2. The intersection of the diagonals draws a vertical line with a length of 5.7 cm, protruding above the horizontal line by 0.5 cm. Set aside at a distance of 1.5 cm, 3.5 cm.
3. From the vertical segment’s uppermost point, begin to draw a curved, like Cupid’s bow, wavy line. The edges of the lips correspond to the ends of the horizontal segment.
4. With a smooth arc, connect the central horizontal line’s left and extreme right points through the 1.5 cm mark on the vertical axis. This line is the lower arch of the upper lip.
5. Draw a slightly open, downward, horizontal line, approximately 2.5 cm long, to mark the center of the upper arch of the lower lip. And a smooth line about 3 cm long will be the outline of the middle part of the lower edge of the lower lip.
6. Connect the right end of the line to the first and second lines. You can draw multiple lines, multiple lines, removing unnecessary lines with an eraser. In work, do not press on the pencil; the lines should be light, almost invisible.
7. Draw connecting lines to the right side of the lip design.
8. Draw a row of upper teeth, referring to the picture or drawing, to give them a natural shape and position. Do not forget about perspective; make the front teeth larger, the back ones smaller, partially hidden.
9. With a lead pencil, sketch in the teeth and the lower lip’s spaces.
10. Take a small piece of paper or paper napkin, use a pencil sharpener to grind the graphite of an M3 pencil.
11. With a cotton swab, take a small amount of graphite powder and start painting over the gray surface of the upper lip from the bottom edge. Determine the light source to make the shadows. We have it before work, so when painting, leave two lighter areas under the bends of the “bow.”
12. Darken the edges of the teeth a little, giving them volume. This will give the sketch a fresh, transparent look.
13. Paint over the lower lip with graphite powder starting from the top edge. Make the lower edge of the lower lip darker and the convex part of the lip – light; this technique will provide a bulge, plumpness of the lip.
14. Using your finger, paint over the graphite powder over the entire design.
15. With a simple pencil, sharpen the lips’ contours, thickening the edge of the line in the right places.
16. Erase the gray tone on the teeth and lips with an elastic band, creating highlights and shadows. Such reflections enliven the drawing, give it naturalness and volume—beautiful smile, pencil drawing, ready.
Erase the gray tone on your teeth and lips with a rubber band.
Using the same method, you can draw a smiling person with a slightly open mouth and a line of teeth on his face, a cartoon grin or an evil smile from an anime, a laughing boy or girl, a scary or cheerful male smile. For children of primary school age, you can download pictures from the network, funny pictures for children, and learn to depict parts of the face: lips, mouth, eyes, nose. This coloring book for beginners will help you or your child express emotions on paper on the topic of laughter, joy, fun, anger, sarcasm.
Smile drawing Simple (option 2)
Location for drawing
With a rectangular shape, we denote the limits to attract lips with teeth.
Divide it horizontally to specify an area for the upper and lower lips.
Grinning lips are narrower. The reduced one looks like a crescent.
The horizontal line is no longer required.
We open our mouth
Given that our lips are split draw the line from over with a mild bend. In this area, we will undoubtedly draw teeth.
Upper lip line: Offer the lip the appropriate form for the upper lip’s reduced part.
Eliminate unnecessary details with an eraser. Do it meticulously.
Include a curly line ahead, and we obtain a large upper lip
The rectangular shape can be erased.
We begin with the top jaw.
Attempt to maintain your teeth right.
To make whatever appearance lovely, select an intense lipstick color, as well as make your teeth perfectly white.
Choose just how you wish to repaint.
Smile drawing cute (option 3)
Draw a horizontal rectangle and divide it with a line, leaving a smaller volume at the top.
Then we draw the lower lip, leaving space for the teeth, then the upper lip, carefully examining the upper lip edge outline.
Now let’s take care of the teeth. More often, only the top row of teeth is visible, but the smile can be vast and revealing both rows.
We carefully observe the model and draw what we see.